This toolkit provides an overview of key IAS 2017 communications materials for individuals and organizations interested in spreading the word about the conference. Sign up to receive updates as new content is added to the Digital Toolkit leading up to and during IAS 2017.
This World AIDS Day, 1 December 2016, marks the official countdown to the 9th International AIDS Society (IAS) Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2017), which will take place in Paris, France on 23-26 July 2017. This biennial gathering is the largest open scientific conference on HIV and AIDS related issues – bringing together a broad cross-section of more than 6,000 professionals from more than 120 countries.
Strong science, bold activism: Paris, which hosted the International AIDS Conference in 1986 and the IAS Conference in 2003, has always epitomized robust science translated into courageous steps forward to solve the challenges that the HIV epidemic has presented throughout the last three decades.
Pushing the basic research agenda: Organizers expect the presentation of major advancements in understanding the intricate viral and host interactions, in better characterizing and targeting the HIV reservoir, ways to tackle persistent HIV as well as the interaction and synergies with other fields such as cancer research and immune-based therapies.
New frontiers in clinical research: At IAS 2017, we expect new data on novel therapeutic strategies, including long-lasting drugs, simplified regimens and strategies for targeting persistent HIV to achieve a remission or cure. New science will also be presented on preventive and therapeutic vaccinations and on improved tools and strategies for PrEP.
- How to reach the global goal of ending AIDS: The focus at IAS 2017 will be on new insights into ways to implement prevention, treatment, care and support services ever more effectively, without which it would be impossible to stop all new HIV infections and avert AIDS-related deaths.
How to follow and get involved
Join the #IAS2017 movement and help drive HIV science into policy and practice.
Follow our social media channels and the hashtag #IAS2017
- Spread the word with sample social media messages below
- Participate in our live social media events leading up to the conference (dates and details to be announced)
- Join us in Paris by registering for IAS 2017
- Stay up-to-date by signing up for IAS 2017 communications updates
Sample social media
Registration opens 1 December for #IAS2017 Conference on HIV Science in Paris, France:
- “In 2017, #Paris will be the capital of #HIV/AIDS research.” https://youtu.be/yk9QA1OIIGU #IAS2017
- Join the #IAS2017 movement and drive #HIV science into policy and practice. http://bit.ly/2fSPHMe
- #IAS2017 will drive forward new frontiers in #HIV research. Registration opens 1 December 2016. http://bit.ly/2fSPHMe
- HIV researchers: Submit your abstract for #IAS2017 by 25 January 2017 http://bit.ly/2f9Iju8
- Apply 1 December for a scholarship to attend #IAS2017, the world's largest open scientific conference on HIV/AIDS http://bit.ly/2eY5Ssj
- Registration opens 1 December 2016 for the 9th IAS Conference on HIV Science, which will take place in Paris, France. This biennial gathering is the largest open scientific conference on HIV and AIDS related issues – bringing together a broad cross-section of more than 6,000 professionals from more than 120 countries. #IAS2017
- Save the date: Registration opens on 1 December, #WorldAIDSDay, for the largest open scientific conference on HIV/AIDS-related issues. #IAS2017
- “In 2017, Paris will be the capital of HIV/AIDS research. We will demonstrate our commitment to end the epidemic. We are all waiting for you. Bienvenue à Paris.” - Jean-François Delfraissy, Local Chair of #IAS2017
Dr. Delfraissy joins scientists, researchers, clinicians and advocates inviting you to Paris for the 9th IAS Conference on HIV Science, 23-26 July 2017.
- Download original files for these graphics from our Google Drive and share them on social media to spread the word through your networks.
- Install this iCal file to add all key conference dates to your Outlook, Gmail or other calendar app.
Logos and brand guidelines
Download high-resolution logos for conference promotion, including logos tailored for third-party supporters.
The IAS 2017 brand guidelines offer guidance for communicators using the conference logos and branding in their own materials.
Communications update sign-up
Sign up to receive updates for communicators on the conference and new tools to spread the word among your networks. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Please contact the IAS communications team with questions or inquiries:
Mandy Sugrue, Senior Manager, Communications: mandy.sugrue[at]iasociety.org
Mona Dolan, Web Specialist: mona.dolan[at]iasociety.org
Kristina Collins, Communications Officer: kristina.collins[at]iasociety.org
Andrew Brett, Digital Producer: andrew.brett[at]iasociety.org
Joe Entwistle, Multimedia and Marketing Associate: joe.entwistle[at]iasociety.org