IAS 2015 Scholarship recipients © IAS/Marcus Rose
We are proud to announce that we were able to offer more than 100 scholarships for IAS 2017, including 6 media scholarships. Through the Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit to make the conference accessible to people from resource-limited settings, researchers, and community representatives.
The Scholarship Programme was open to everyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS who are at least 16 years of age at the time of the conference. The programme provides financial assistance to help people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
Priority was given to those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities, to those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference, and to those whose abstract submission was selected into the conference programme.
At IAS 2017, the scholarships desk will be located in the registration area of the Palais des Congrès (level 0).
The desk will be open:
- Sunday 23 and Monday 24 July from 8:00 to 18:00
- Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 July from 10:00 to 15:00
Type of support
Scholarship applicants were able to request a full or partial scholarship.
A full scholarship includes:
- Registration fee for the conference (include access to all sessions and exhibitions);
- Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- Accommodation (for the duration of the conference);
- Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (23-26 July 2017).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.